Monday, September 11, 2006

My First Socks!

Well, here they are! Finally I managed to take a photo and post it. They were knit using Magic Loop on Addi Turbos 2.5mm using the basic free pattern you get when you buy sock yarn in a lot of UK yarn stores. The yarn was Patons Patonyle, a 4 ply wool blend, and the first sock yarn I bought, over a year ago in Australia. I have since bought about 10 other skeins!
Finished socks!

Here is another photo, showing a side view. As you can see, I didn't even try to match up the stripes.
Finished socks side

I also took a photo of the Angora Goat (mohair) yarn I bought, along with a swatch for Bobble Blue from Interweave Knits. I know a lot of people don't like bobbles, but I think they are a lot of fun!
Bobble Blue swatch

And one last picture of the goat (well ,it was either her or one of her friends) that the yarn came from.
Baa

I've also finished knitting and felting the Booga Bag I made from the Silk Garden, it is currently blocking on a shoebox, so will be ready to take to Australia with me. I'm going in one week, for my best friend's wedding, so that will be fun.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your socks are great. You did a good job on them. And I also like the bobbles on your swatch. Very cool.

7:22 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

They are beautiful socks. I love the pose of sticking your feet out the window as well!

12:25 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

The socks look fab. Matching socks are overrated.

Bobbles - run away, run away!

10:56 am  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

Love the socks! and the color of your swatch!

3:25 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

Pretty socks! They fit perfectly.

And that's one adorable, fuzzy goat. It's so amazing, knowing pretty much exactly where one's yarn comes from!

5:42 pm  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

those are your first socks and you knit them using magic loop!!! I'm very impressed - magic loop completely freaks me out. They look wonderful!

I'm glad you enjoyed my blog... thanks for the compliment on the tempting ii!

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks! Well done - now you will have the sock bug....

3:29 pm  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

I *heart* bobbles!


Hee!

xoxoxo
Anne

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home