Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Yarn and a FO!

We just had a great weekend in Wales. I was lucky enough to visit Blueberry Angoras. It was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by beautiful countryside. The woman was very friendly, and told us all about her Angora goats. We were lucky, as we visited the day before they were due for their shearing. She called them over (they all have names!) and we got to pat them. It was really fun.

I had a hard time deciding what to buy, but finally bought 6 skeins of Russet Red Aran, 80% Angora, 20% wool. I didn't take a photo, but I will for the next post. But here is a picture of the goats.
angora goats

I also finished my socks last Tuesday, but haven't got around to taking a photo of them either! I wore them to work on Wednesday, and they were great, so comfy and warm!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those goats look SO cute! Can't to see pics of the yarn :D

12:28 pm  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

That is so cool! I am glad you got to go. Angora yarn.....aaaaahhhh drool, drool, drool! :-)

2:41 pm  
Blogger Rain said...

They are the coolest looking goats I've ever seen.

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home