Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Wool Baa Haul

Went to Sheffield for the weekend, and checked out the new Yarn Store that had just opened. It is actually my first time in a cool yarn store - I've been to Japanese yarn stores, Get Knitted's Open Days (which are absolutely amazing, but crowded and limited), and my LYS (which only really sells acrylics, and a small selection of Debbie Bliss). It's called The Wool Baa and the owner was very nice - obviously excited to have a yarn store, and had a good range of Noro, Colinette, and lots of other stuff. She also had lots of nice books and magazines. I leafed through Nicky Epstein's Fabulous Felted Bags, I loved it, especially the Fuschia bag, they are my favourite flowers. She also had lots of store copies of American magazines that I'd never even seen, like Spin Off and the Interweave Knit It.

Anyway, I decided to treat myself and bought some yarn. Even the bag was cool.
Wool Baa Bag

And here is my haul.
Wool Bar Haul

I got Lana Grossa Cotton Fantasy in two different colour ways, and some Bergere de France Coton Fifty, which is a cotton mix. I got the cotton in a bright red, and green, I plan to make a cute strawberry hat for my nerw step-niece that is due in August.

I bought more sock yarn to celebrate the fact that I have finished my first sock!
1st Sock
I'm not completely happy with the Kitchener Stitching, but I think I will fix it up when I finish the 2nd one, I can do both together. I've already started the 2nd one, done the ribbing cuff and am onto the leg.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

The sock looks fab. You definitely deserve more sock yarn as a reward for it.

The shop sounds fantastic.

11:14 am  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

Congratulations on the sock!!!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Take care!

:-)

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home