Monday, November 28, 2005

Busy Bee

Well, I started working this week, so I think that will dramatically impact on my knitting! I started the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers from the SnB Nation in a yarn from Japan, going well so far. was quite poleased with myself, because I was having trouble, worked out it wasn't me, and found that it had a mistake in the directions. Of course, if I was a REALLY good knitter, I would have checked for instructions before I started, but I'm happy that I knew it wasn't me.

Also got two pairs of socks on the go. I started the Whitby Sock from Nancy Bush's Socks for Travellers, got a bit tired, and started with the free pattern that comes with the Opal yarn I bought at the Get Knitted Meet up. I have this problem with small needles, in that if I am the slightest bit tired, I keep imagining them poking my eyes. It happens with any pointy thing I look at, really wierd, but stops me from doing socks on small DPNs at night.

By the way, I saw Lorna Laces Lion and Lamb at Get Knitted. It comes in the most beautiful colours, and feels so amazing. Then I found out that Knitty's Clapotis is knitted with it, a pattern I've really wanted to try. I guess this is my dream project at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nederlass said...

Ah yes, work. It so cuts into our valuable knitting time!
Do you commute? Always nice to grab a sock to work on in the bus or on the tube.

Good luck with your job. I'm working on compiling your package now. Woot!
Bet you'll love what I picked for you. :)

Love, your SP MJ

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home