Thursday, June 23, 2005

C'mon, c'mon

I really should be packing and tidying, I leave Japan in less than a week.

But instead I've been getting frustrated with Lelah, knitting a hat when procrastinating from lelah, then finishing Lelah in procrastinating from everything else I should be doing.

My problem with Lelah is that I didn't want it to be sleeveless, I wanted two straps. One of the girls on Craftster had done it, and gave instructions, so I thought I could do it too.

These were the problems:
1. The strap is in Stockinette, so kept curling.
2. I had put the two straps too far apart.
3. I tried to remedy this by moving one closer by frogging and binding off in different places.
4. They were still too far apart.
5. And they looked bad because of the curling.

So I left it for a few days. I knit this hat one night last week in Noro something (can't remember what, but I bought it at my LYS on sale, such beautiful colours!).
Noro hat

And then today, my second day of freedom, while reading blogs, I was inspired to just screw the straps, frog them, and make it a strapless top. And now it is blocking!

Actually, it is my first time to block, so I hope it's okay.

I have got a few things done today off my list, so that's good. And now I need to start a new project...

And I'll leave you a picture of me with some workmates from my leaving do. What a night of drunken debauchery that was!
Lawsons Yukata

1 Comments:

Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Drunken Japanese debauchery? WOOHOO!

Actually, drunk or not - y'all look wonderful in your kimonos. Just wanted to point that out!


Talk to you soon!

Love,
Anne

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home