Saturday, June 04, 2005

Package, yay!

My package arrived from Amazon this morning (well, actually just now!). I came home last night from work to see that I had a failed delivery notice. This is a bit annoying, because I had to ring someone and have a conversation with them. But due to my amazingly fluent Japanese :) I could tell her my name, address and that I wanted the package to be delivered tomorrow morning. Which is now!

I've tried not to buy many books this year, since I already have a lot, and they are all sitting in boxes in Australia, it makes me sad. And they are so heavy and expensive to ship. And I don't know whether to take them to England, or whether to leave them all in ASustralia for my eventual return.

But since I joined the Knit the Classics Knitalong I needed to order Middlemarch by George Eliot. But that didn't make the minimum amount for free shipping, so I also ordered Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde, which I have wanted for AGES. And then, because I was making an order anyway, I ordered Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Without Tears. So I am very excited!

I have this whole weekend off. As usual there are hundreds of things I want to do. At least I don't have to worry about the gym anymore, I cancelled my membership, cos I won't be in Japan for the whole month, and knew I would be too busy in my last month to make it worth while. I'm going dancing tonight, hopefully that will burn off a few calories.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh Jasper Fforde! I have all of his books - in fact my birthday present from my husband this year was a full set of signed first editions of his books. Have fun reading your new books - they're both really good.

6:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home