Sunday, May 29, 2005

Home Alone...

Well, the boy went to Okinawa with some friends for a long weekend, leaving me alone to explore a new yarn shop! I won't go into how jealous I am that he has gone to Okinawa (tropical beaches, drinking, three days off...) so I'll write about my exciting weekend.

We have had a new girl start at work, it's great to have another native English speaker and we arranged to go out on Saturday night. I had a long day, our nursery had a field trip, and I led songs and stories on the 50 minute bus ride, then taught 3 classes outdoors back to back with each class having around 20 2-3 year olds. But after that we were free to walk around MoMo Land and look at the cows, sheep and pigs. The kids were really cute and excited to see the animals.

After we finished, we went to Starbucks, and met two Japanese girls that we work with. We had coffee and a chat and then... PURI KURA!! You know, those crazy photo booths where you can add writing and pictures afterwards. Anyway, we decided to be a bit silly, and made use of the FREE costume rental. I had always wanted to try this but didn't realise they were complimentary!!

Well, the costumes all have a very sexual element to them, and are Japnese sizes, so it was a very interesting experience. First I dressed up as a Japanese school girl, then as a slutty maid. I wore a corset and as it was so small, my boobs were pooping out everywhere! It was so fun and we took some very funny pictures. After that we had Thai for dinner (I love Thai food, and didn't know of this restaurant) and then went to a bar for a couple of drinks.

Today I slept in and then went to a new yarn shop that a co-worker had told me about. It was quite big, and had lots of yarns that I hadn't seen before. I spent two hours in that, and in another one across the road. I bought some yarn to make Lelah (Craftster), so I might start that tonight.

One of the things I was going to do while my boy was away was update my blog with my FOs (Step-mothers scarf, Dad's cable hat, and my newsboy cap) but of course he took his digital camera with him! Duh! Anyway, I'll do it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home