Sunday, June 12, 2005

I've been working on my Lelah during the week, and am now up to the plain stockinette at the top. I told the Boy I was nearly finished and he said "Oh, so are you starting something new, cos it's too boring?"

To be honest, it is boring just doing the stockinette on circulars, but there's not too much, and I really want to finish it! Yesterday I bought some gorgeous ribbon to use as the tie. It was a little expensive, but it was worth it, I really like it and think it will look really nice.

I sent out some RAK (mostly postcards, but a few packages) to people on the Knitty Board, it's been really nice to see the thankyous. But I am frustrated, I sent my Secret Pal (not so secret, it's Yorkshire Gal) over a week before I sent the RAKs, and she still hasn't got it. I spent a lot of time and thought on it, so I'm kinda annoyed it is taking so long. But I guess I should just be patient.

I'm really excited about returning home, mum rang this week and gave me some good news: I got a big tax refund! I'm really glad, cos I don't want to be stressing about money, I am taking 2 months off to relax and spend time with people, and I don't want to be worrying that I won't have enough money to join the Boy in England.

Starting to stress a little, but I shouldn't. Even if I don't get much done before I finish work, I have a week before I leave to pack, close bank accounts, etc.

I really want to make a shrug, but can't decide on a pattern. I think I want short or 3/4 sleeves, and fairly plain, but some kind of feature that makes it interesting and fun to knit (lace, cables or something new). Might try and decide soon so I can make it my plane knit. If I can't knit on the plane, I'll be sad. It is a 12 hour flight, with a 8 hour stopover (which I'll spend in the airport!) in Korea. I know I won't sleep much, I'll be too excited, nervous and upset. Anyway, I'll do some investigating, I know Knitty has a thread on knitting on planes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home