Friday, June 03, 2005

Riku, Riku


cable hat
Originally uploaded by GenkiLove.


This is the hat I made for Dad. It's almost the same as the one I made for Leon, except a different clour in the yarn, and one cable repeat shorter.


I'm really liking Lelah, which I started on Sunday night. It is my first time to do lace, and is so much fun. I'm neglecting poor Tempting, but I was just so bored of the 2X2 rib. Lace is so interesting, I can slowly see the pattern unfold, it's exciting! I'll post some progress shots this weekend.

I'm trying not to impose deadlines on my knitting, it is my hobby to relax, not something lese to stress about... but I would really like to finish it so I can wear it out on my farewell party night. Not that I've arranged that either!

Today I had an envelope stuck on my locker with my name on it. Inside was a couple of photos of me with Riku, one of the kids from my nursery, at our field trip. His mum had written a really sweet note (in English!) about how she appreciated my helping Riku, that he really loved me, and she hoped I would stay at our nursery for a long time. I feel kind of bad, cos it's only 3 weeks till I leave. But we are going to inform the parents (and children, I guess) from Monday. Anyway, it was really sweet (especially since Riku is one of my favourites, sssh!) and it re-inforced how much I will miss the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home