Sunday, December 03, 2006

Interweave Knits - Winter 2006

These are a few things that caught my eye as I was flicking through the latest Interweave Knits. This is my last magazine in the subscription Roxy RAK’d me. I was thinking of renewing my subscription, but at the moment, next year is Very up-in-the-air in terms of where we will be ( we might be doing some travelling and another international move).
coverWin06-25

There is a cute bag featured in an ad for Berroco, it’s a free pattern, and although I’d seen it before and like it, but seeing it again in a few colours, I realised how much I like it. However, I think that one of the things I like about it is the handle, which isn’t knitted, so if I couldn’t get something similar, I probably won’t knit it.

Amy Singer’s article on Japanese knitting is interesting, especially since I lived In Japan for over two years.

I always really enjoy the articles about designers and the article on Berta Karapetyan, founder of Karabella Yarns is no different. It is so interesting to hear about how their love of yarn and knitting developed, and how they have managed to make a full time job out of their love.

The Venezia Pullover by Eunny Jang is beautiful, the colours and fairisle work is amazing. But it is knit on size 2 (2.75mm) and 3 (3mm) needles which deters me, at least at the moment. Also the neckline is a boatneck, which I find doesn’t really suit me. Eunny’s article on Steeking looks amazingly in depth, but I’m still not sure I am ready to try it.

The Nantucket Jacket that is featured on the cover is a lovely design, but too similar to Bobble Blue, which I am currently kniiting – short sleeves cardigan with cabling. It is a more relaxed fit though, and if when I finish Bobble Blue I wear it a lot, I wouldn’t mind trying the Nantucket Jacket.

The colours in the Rambling Rose Cardigan (Laura Zukaite) are gorfeous, and a very interesting design, this is the only sweater in this magazine that I would knit at the moment.
RamblingRose-mag

I really liked the ideas raised in Inspired Knitting: Swatch Therapy by Clara Parkes. She suggests using knitting swatches as away to work through different feelings and emotions. I thought it was such an interesting way of looking at swatches, especially since I usually try to avoid them.

The new books (Spring 2007) from Interweave Press that were advertised on the last page all looked great – Felt Frenzy, Heather Brack and Shannon Okey; Lace Style, Pam Allen and Ann Budd; Favourite Socks from Interweave and No Sheep for You – Amy R Singer. I’d love to flick through the pages, especially of Felt Frenzy and Lace Style.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving????? !!!!!!

Exciting!

Where?

8:56 am  
Blogger Rain said...

It sounds like you have a lot of exciting plans for next year.

The rambling rose cardi is very pretty.

11:46 am  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

*huuuuugs*


My little Genki

Miss ya!
Let me know what you're up to sweety!

Happy Holidays!


xoxoxoxo
Anne

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rambling rose too :) I think I will make it in different colors, but that's been one of my favorites from that issue. Definitely on my list!

10:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home