Sunday, April 16, 2006

Booga, booga, booga - finished!

Well, we had a lovely day visiting a castle. We walked there (about an hour), walked around the estate, had a picnic, and then walked home again. My legs are so tired!

But, when I got home, the Booga Bag was dry! I attached the straps, which by the way, was more difficult than I thought, and it was done.

Booga -window view

I like how it's turned out, am trying to decide whether I should make my mum one in autumn colours for her birthday. It would have to be quick though - I would buy the yarn (Noro Kureyon again, I loved working with it) on Get Knitted's open day.

Okay just looked at dates, I wouldn't be able to, because she arrives on the 3rd of May, and Get Knitted are open on the 5th. She's only here for a week, visiting from Australia, before she goes onto Italy, lucky thing. I guess I could actually order the yarn - I've never done that before though.

8 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Your bag looks great! The colors are fun and happy, I've been wanting to work with Kureyon again, I might have to make another Booga.

10:18 pm  
Blogger Zonda said...

I like the colors in your bag! You did a great job! I still haven't made one or used my Kureyon yet...one day ;)

3:27 am  
Blogger Thea said...

isn't that a fun pattern? I love working with Noro too - maybe you and you Mum could go together and pick our her yarn - and then you can send her the finished bag whenever you manage to finish!

12:26 pm  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

Beautiful booga bag!

:-)

4:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawgus!! I want to make that bag so bad. Is it legal to make wool bags for the summer?

9:36 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

ordering from Get Knitted is the best - they arrive almost instantly and browsing their website is one of life's little pleasures!

1:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow your booga bag looks great! the colours are amazing! Noro is a great yarn to work with eh?!

7:04 pm  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Wonderful Booga sweety!

Give some hugs to Mum for me - hope y'all have a great time together!

2:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home