Saturday, April 15, 2006

Booga, booga, booga

The Booga bag is now blocking! The strap did take ages, but all in all, the Booga Bag was a pretty quick knit. I went to the Stitch n' bitch again, and worked on the strap for a good two hours, and then finished it off at home one day last week.
Booga unfelted
Today I felted it in our front loader, on the 95 degrees cycle, with a pair of jeans and a sqiurt of dish washing liquid. It had felted perfectly by the end. Although, the strap had tangled up on itself a bit and there is a section that has been stretched and is quite thin.
booga felted
I've stretched it over a shoe box, and it it is now blocking.
booga blocking
The colours are closest to the blocking photo. I really didn't like the pinky orange colour, it seemed to really stand out pre-felting, but afterwards, it seemd to tone in better with the other colours, so I'm glad about that. Here's some close-ups ofthe stitches before and after felting.
booga unfelted close upbooga felted close up

In other knitting news, I've been working on my bolero. The problem was, the pattern for the front piece was quite demanding (you know the kind of thing: increase 1 on neck side every other row, at the same time, decrease by 1 on every 6th row) and it is hard to see stitches in the yarn I am using. So every time I put it down, I wouldn't be able to work out where I was and I'd have to start again! So this time, I've kept a tally of every row, which has helped so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

It's felted really well and looks great in those colours.

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home