Sunday, February 19, 2006

Picture of a House (or Cathedral)

On Friday, I took a day off. I relaxed a bit, watched some Winter Olympics on the internet, and did some more of The Boy's pirate mittens. Here is a progress shot.
Progress pirate mitten

Yesterday The Boy's parents came down to visit and took us for a drive. First we went to Cheddar, through the gorgeous Cheddar Gorge. We visited the Cheddar Gorge Cheese company, saw how cheese was made there, tasted a selection of cheeses and pickles, and then, inevitably, bought some cheese.

We drove onto Wells, had a pub lunch (I had baked vegetables topped with cheese, mmmm) and then went to look at the amazing cathedral. It was pretty impressive.
Wells cathedral

Today we stayed in, it was a great day to stay inside and knit, horrible and rainy outside. I spent some time downloading new podcasts, and then listening to them while I finished my mitten. I think I mentioned it before, I knit it out of my Holiday SP Nederlass's gift. I first knit one using the SnB flip top mitten pattern, modifying it so that it wasn't a flip top. But I just wasn't happy with the finished object. So I started again using a pattern out of a book I got for Christmas, Holiday Knits. It is knit on MUCH smaller needles, making the fabric denser, and looking a lot neater.
stripy mitten
Okay, now just have to do the next one...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nederlass said...

Awesome mitten!
Ok, one of these days, we're going to do a Second MittenAlong, alright? I still have an unfinished pair of Forsa mittens from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Noro book. One down, one to go!

Yours looks gorgeous!

11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home