Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Morning After

Yesterday I had a lovely afternoon, knitting my bolero, and listening to podcasts. I really love Brenda Daynes Cast On, I now download and listen to it every weekend and knit to it. I've also caught up on all the previous episodes. I also like Knit Cast.

The Pirate mittens aren't going too well, although I am happy with the quality of the work I've done so far, and am finding it a really fun knit, the quantity isn't up to what it needs to be. we don't have a printer, so I have to knit following the charts on the computer. Actually I'm also following the bolero off the computer, but that isn't as bad, as I can write down a few instructions at a time. As the computer is our main source of entertainment (we don't have a TV), I don't like tying it up for longer than I already do. Oh well. I might do some this afternoon. Though, we went out last night, for the biggest night we have ever had in Bristol, and I am feeling a tiny bit worse for wear...

I am doing the Cash Free SP and it is heaps of fun. I've received a few links from my SP, and a yummy recipe. I'm trying to think of things I can do for my SP, it is a little more difficult than I thought!

I saw this amazing sock yarn from Opal, Rainforest and I really want the fish one for me and the tiger one for The Boy. They are so cool. I am tempted to make my first yarn internet purchase. The problem is, I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more sock yarn until I had finished one pair of socks. I have enough sock yarn to make 5 pairs at the moment. I could really work on the latest ones. But I also want some addis, I've been using the magic loop for the mittens, and I am finding it easy and fast. Trying to justify buying addis as well, since then I'll be able to have 2-3 socks on the needles at the same time, which would be better, right? I don't have any WIP shots, but I'll post some yarn pR0n instead.
puppy 2StephNoro

2 Comments:

Blogger Nederlass said...

I think you should finish the stripey Pippi socks first. But then again, this comes from a woman who has yet to finish a matching pair of socks... ;)

Go for it; you only live once!

1:31 pm  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Ps, rainforest is very cool indeed. I got the Papagei/parrot for My Boy and I also have a Fortissima Colori that kinda looks like the Tiger. It's from their Mexiko-Safari range, and pretty cute:
http://www.elbekreatief.nl/nl/dept_194.html

If you ever want me to get you something you can only find here, I'd be happy to send it across the Channel.

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home